
Janice Wong is one of my fav columnist and her article appears weekly in The Newpaper..duno if u guys have noticed her work..here's one which is her personal fav..and mine too!
Pally with the ex? No thanks?
By: Janice Wong
SINGLE!
"ARE we still friends?" my soon-to-be ex-boyfriend asked.
I hesitated.
"We are still friends, right?"
His eyes were pleading.
I looked away.
Urgh! I'm trapped. If I say no, he would probably jump to the conclusion I don't even care enough to tolerate him as a friend.
"Come on ... ," he insisted.
"Yeah, all right," I mumbled, with a feeble smile.
As a rule of thumb, remaining friends with the ex is a bad idea.
It makes me cringe whenever someone finds it necessary to dangle this friendship line after THE talk. Why this insistence on being friends? Some sort of consolation prize in the game of love?
No thanks.
How can I be so reluctant and cold to someone who merely wants to be my friend, someone who once faithfully called me every day and whom I trusted enough to share my insecurities and secrets with? It is precisely because he had been such an integral part of my life that I needed to wrench him away - cold-turkey style.
When you give each other the green light to be involved in each other's lives, there will always be the tendency to ignore the problem that drove you apart, bury the hatchet and get back together during moments of loneliness.
It doesn't matter who broke up with whom.If I had initiated it, whatever it was about him that bothered me won't stop bothering me after the break-up. In fact, I'd probably be less forgiving about his faults now that he has been downgraded from my handphone's speed dial to the regular phone book. And if it was the guy who had the cheek to break-up with me, he'd be so lucky that I had not hired an assassin. Stay friends? Excuse me!
It depends on the situation, I suppose. If a couple had a firm friendship before it developed into an intimate relationship, the reverse adjustment would probably be less awkward. But if you, like me, plunged immediately into the courtship stage, it can be tricky. What are you going to do with your hands when you go out as friends for a cuppa? Moreover, I really don't need the painful reminder that one of us made a mistake, that the future we spent countless starry nights planning together is never going to be. It will also complicate matters when a new someone enters the scene.
I would tread cautiously if a new man tells me he and his ex are best friends.Are they still holding a torch for each other? Does she fulfil him in a way I don't? How should I react to her - with the triumph of a winner or shall I suck up to her like she's my spy? You may think I am an immature girl who cannot handle a break-up like a civilised adult.
Cross your heart and hope to die: Do you really want to attend the wedding of that ex with the stellar career while you are still sadly single with the same salary?
I don't.
Sometimes people who once mattered to us, do not matter anymore. I choose to keep the sweet memories than remain awkward friends. Moving on.
What else can be more adult?
|3:27 AM|

January 2005'February 2005'March 2005'April 2005'May 2005'June 2005'July 2005'August 2005'September 2005'October 2005'November 2005'December 2005'January 2006'February 2006'March 2006'April 2006'May 2006'June 2006'July 2006'August 2006'September 2006'October 2006'November 2006'December 2006'January 2007'February 2007'March 2007'April 2007'May 2007'June 2007'July 2007'August 2007'September 2007'October 2007'November 2007'December 2007'January 2008'February 2008'March 2008'May 2008'June 2008'July 2008'August 2008'September 2008'October 2008'November 2008'December 2008'January 2009'February 2009'March 2009'April 2009'May 2009'June 2009'July 2009'August 2009'September 2009'October 2009'November 2009'December 2009'January 2010'February 2010'April 2010'June 2010'July 2010'August 2010'September 2010'October 2010'November 2010'January 2011'February 2011'August 2011'May 2012'

Luvs
Ktv!!
Hip hop & New jazz & Salsa Dance
Rollerblading
Golfing
Eating!
Watching People
Baking!
Watching Lion dance comps

Character
Easily Contented
Blur @ times
Super Indecisive
Amiable
Sentimental
Soft-hearted
Gd direction sense
Stubborn
Happy-Go-Lucky

Taggie

Sweeties
=Adele=
=Alfred=
=Alric=
=Alvin=
=Andrea=
=Apple=
=Ayu=
=Bangzhi=
=Beatrice=
=Bel=
=Cheryl=
=ChewLian=
=Dominic=
=Elena=
=Eric=
=Fangrui=
=Feizi=
=Germyn=
=HongWei=
=HueiMin=
=HuiShi=
=Huixian=
=Huiyun=
=Ivan=
=Judy=
=Julia=
=Kaiqi=
=Kylie=
=Papa=
=Peggy=
=Raine=
=RG=
=Sarah=
=Seeyong=
=Shan=
=Sherlynn=
=Shuyu=
=Stephanie=
=Stephy=
=Tingwei=
=Valerie=
=Wayne=
=Weiting=
=Weny=
=Xinrong=
=Xinyan=
=Yiching=
=Yuanwen=
=YunZi=
=YokeHong=
=Zhiwei=

Exits
Add me if i know u!


Past Memories



















